If you miss the February 28, 2013 deadline, you risk losing up to $5,000 per provider from your 2013 incentive payment. This does not mean you will be prevented from applying for future incentive payments. Click here to attest.
- First year participants should report Meaningful Use for a 90-day period.
- Second year participants should report for a 1-year period.
- Eligibility to attest requires you to have completed your 2012 reporting period by December 31, 2012.
- If you would like more information on attestation and tips on good reporting tools, read our latest article in the Chicago Medical Society Medicine Magazine.
Tips to keep in mind before attesting:
- Register on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program if you have not done so.
- The next step is to attest on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website as soon as possible to resolve any potential registration issues that may delay your incentive payment.
- There is a 24-hour verification process that occurs between registration and the ability to attest.
- Make sure to save, print and copy screen shots when you complete the attestation.
- For more information, visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services registration and attestation website and use the attestation user guide.