The deadline to complete Meaningful Use attestation and AIU (Adopt, Implement, Upgrade) is coming up soon. Plan to attest early — the website will be open March 1 – March 31, 2013.
- Eligible professionals who adopt, implement, upgrade, or demonstrate Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology in their first year of participation are encouraged to attest by March 31, 2013.
- Providers who would like to attest for the 2013 Medicaid EHR Incentive Program cannot attest between 3/1 – 3/31. Projected dates and details will be announced as soon as they become available.
- Providers can receive up to $63,750 in incentive payments for the program.
Tips to keep in mind before attesting:
- Register on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program if you have not done so.
- The next step is to attest on the Illinois Department of Healthcare & Family Services MEDI website between March 1 – March 31.
- Make sure to save, print and copy screen shots when you complete the attestation.
- For more information, visit the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services attestation website, use the EHR Incentive Program Provider User Manual, or check with your State Medicaid Agency.
If you would like more information on attestation and tips on good reporting tools, read our latest article in the Chicago Medical Society Medicine Magazine.