The ONC is proud to announce the selection of 15 provider and administrator champions to join the Health IT Fellows Program. The new fellows join CHITREC’s Timothy Long, MD, chief clinical officer of Alliance of Chicago Community Health Services, who became a Health IT Fellow in fall 2013.
This class will increase the HIT Fellows program’s ranks to 50 provider and administrator champions from 28 states. More information on these 15 new HIT Fellows, including bios and stories of how they are leveraging meaningful use to deliver better patient care, will be found on Healthit.gov in the coming weeks.
The Spring 2014 HIT Fellows are:
- Colin Banas, MD, of Richmond, Virginia
- Becky Blevins of Stanford, KY
- Kacey Bolton, RN, of London, KY
- Sandra Brown of Pine Bluff, AR
- Timothy Burdick, MD, of Scappoose, OR
- Jacqueline Delmont, MD, of Freeport, NY
- Frank Floyd, MD, of Johnson City, NY
- James Gould, MD, of Paducah, KY
- Chad Jensen of Anchorage, AK
- Sarah Churchill Llamas, JD, of Austin, TX
- Peggy Patch of Davenport, IA
- Michele Reed, MD of Rosedale, NY
- Margot Savoy, MD, of Wilmington, DE
- James Spillane of Anchorage, AK
- Jo Lynne Varner of Little Rock, AR
The ONC continues to build upon their success, watching the new and current Health IT Fellows continue to progress in their practices, communities and nationally as they leverage health IT in helping to keep patients at the center of care.